Monday, February 18, 2019

The First Teaching Experience in Thailand


January 14th 2019
My first teaching experience in thailand

“Being a teacher, we should be creative in every situation”, is the statement always uttered by my mentor at school. We should be able to make the class more interesting and enjoyable ,so that the students will never be bored in following the class. Accordingly, the use of proper teqnique is completely important in teaching. As an addition, making our explaination to be simplier and clearier is very crucial either, thus the materials we deliver to the students will be more understandable. That is what i was trying to do in my teaching. By the guidance of my mentor at school, i was asked to teach them about question tag that had never been taught before. While creating my lesson plan, I learnt many things about teaching , especially in thailand. In Thailand, teachers usually devide one topic to be 2 or 3 meetings, but In Indonesia, we commonly deliver one topic just in the one meeting as it should be accomplished soon.
Having finished making 2 lesson plans about question tag. I was ready to teach them starting in January 14th 2019. In order to be able to share our technique in teaching, thus i employed Indonesia teaching technique to teach the third grade of low secondary students(junior high school). It was very useful for my mentor and I  as we could observe our teaching each other in the purpose of getting the best way in teaching. As usual, to start the class, I firstly checked the students readiness either physically or phsychologically. Then, I began explaining the material followed by the clear illustration used to strengthen the students’ undertanding. To make my class vivid, I utilized a game. The rules was that they had to re-arraged the jumpled words to be meaningful sentences followed by the adding their question tags in the end of the sentence. The group who can arrange the jumbled word correctly would be given a coin as an additional score for them. I also played music to make the game more challenging. In the next day, I also taught question in the distinct class that has many naughty boys and naughty girls.


I ordered them to make some groups

Learning english through playing game could truly attract their interest

 They could actually follow the class well, but there was one group who had broken the media for the game intentionally. Knowing this thing, the mentor spontaniously gave them a bad mar as the sentence. Here is the picture while my mentor was giving them a bad mark on her paper to warn them.
She addressed the students' names one by one

She was giving the bad mark for them as the sentence

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell Party in Ban Makkhaeng School

January, 28th 2019 The time to run farewell party at Ban Makkhaeng School At that time, Ban Makkhaeng school held a special occasio...